ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Canon PIXMA printer waste ink tank
Post Canon PIXMA printer waste ink tank 
Just read this guide for EPSON http://www.continuousink.info/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7&page_num=7&start=0

"The ink container MUST be placed so that the highest possible ink level is still lower than the printhead"

Is this true for canon? I have installed a few waste ink tanks and I just place the bottle near the printer at the same level. The tubes a routed on the bottom inside the printer but at the end it is higher then printhead because it must read the top of the bottle.

I Don't have any problems but need to make sure.

Post Re: Canon PIXMA printer waste ink tank 
smilem wrote:
Just read this guide for EPSON http://www.continuousink.info/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7&page_num=7&start=0

"The ink container MUST be placed so that the highest possible ink level is still lower than the printhead"

Is this true for canon?

I couldn't guarantee it but as a general rule you want gravity working with you and not against you. You may find you're ok but to be honest, the proof will be in the attempt.

I do know that the Canon Pixma printers will use a lot less ink than the Epson printers do in waste ink so it's hard to gauge to be honest.

Quote:
I Don't have any problems but need to make sure.

I guess you're going to be finding out for us Smile

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1