ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
WANTED: "unknown" Printers (ie: Instructions n/a)
Post WANTED: "unknown" Printers (ie: Instructions n/a) 
I'm currently trying to build up the instruction set(s) for "unknown" Epson printers (ie: where no current instructions, for fitting an external waste ink tank, exist).

To that end I would appreciate any offers of "dead", "service required" or even "working" printers that are either local ie: within driving distance of postcode area S74 (in the UK) or owners who have original packaging for their printer and willing to send it by parcelforce or some other courier to my workshop.

There are of course a few bits of small print:
  1. I can't take any responsibility for printers that are sent/couriered to me or for their return
    (some parcel services just kick the hell out of their boxes Mad)
  2. Any printers sent by courier/parcel service, MUST be packed in original packaging or very well padded to minimise any chance of damage.
  3. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to install a waste ink tank on ALL Epson printers (there's got to be one that's going to be impossible)
  4. In many cases the printer will require modification of the printer case or similar (ie: drilling of hole(s), etc..)
  5. Any warranty will be invalidated and you must accept this unreservedly if you wish to use an external waste ink tank!
  6. Return of printers must be arranged in advance.

This is necessary because there may be something that goes "wrong" somewhere that is beyond my control and I'm well aware that someone may be unscrupulous enough to send a broken printer whilst claiming it was "working" before it was sent so they can try to extort a new one. I don't respond well to such individuals.

Obviously any printers lent in this way will in 99% of cases benefit from:
  • Their printer being fitted with a new external waste tank
  • Everything being returned in the same packaging (where applicable)
  • A discounted cost on the waste ink tank

I'm also happy to meet a portion of any reasonable postage/travel costs.

So, if this ticks any boxes for you please drop me a line via the private messaging system or email: info (at) continuousink . info

Cheers

Martin

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1