ContinuousInk.info Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroups|Join Groups
Knowledge BaseLinksDownloads Gallery 2CalendarLog in
Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1
Epson R300, R320, R340 (WIB)
Post Epson R300, R320, R340 (WIB) 
Note: The R320 and R340 models are pretty much exactly the same as the R300 so you should be able to apply the same information from this thread to those models as well.

Martin. I've bought one of your bags for my r300 through E-bay. It seems a simple and neat system. As a complete novice I need advice on how to access the waste tanks and hook it up etc. I've read your guidance about positioning the bag on Ebay. Also very helpful. Can you help or point me in the right direction?
atb steve

Martin. I've bought one of your bags for my r300 through E-bay. It seems a simple and neat system. As a complete novice I need advice on how to access the waste tanks and hook it up etc. I've read your guidance about positioning the bag on Ebay. Also very helpful. Can you help or point me in the right direction?
atb steve

Hi Steve,

You're in luck... The R300 is by far one of the easiest and most documented waste ink tank modifications out there. Unfortunately my father has my own R300 so until I can drag myself back to Devon I'm not going to be able to create my own guide but here's a few useful links for you that should get you going:

- Original R300 mod'
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=51595&forum_id=40

- More pictures version
http://forums.cdcovers.cc/showthread.php?t=189379

- Video
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay.....

The only changes to those procedures you need to consider are that:
  • Once you have the waste tube end you just need to slide the barbed fitting into it

• Drilling a hole in the door is optional and really the important part is just making sure you keep the door and screw safe so you can replace it if needs be.

• Make sure you release the clip and have the bag attached before you run any cleaning cycles Smile

Other than that you should be good to go, and really all that's left is making sure the bag stays low, doesn't blow up too much and that it gets emptied regularly. I would recommend taping the black fitting to the bag so you don't put it "somewhere safe" that's so safe even you can't find it again (not that I ever do anything like that! *ahem* Embarassed )

Hope that helps...

Job done in 7 minutes. And I've seen it work. remarkable. many thanks for the help.
While I think about it. I helped my mate install CIS for his Brother 215c. Do you know if there a waste ink tank solution for that model as well?
atb steve

Job done in 7 minutes. And I've seen it work. remarkable. many thanks for the help.

Excellent... and always nice to know it's working and not creating a new carpet design Wink

Quote:
While I think about it. I helped my mate install CIS for his Brother 215c. Do you know if there a waste ink tank solution for that model as well?

I don't touch Brothers so I wouldn't know how they deal with waste ink. Chances are it's a similar arrangement and the question would simply be where to find the waste ink tube assuming there is one.. If there was then the principles would be the same.

Tip: Alternative reset procedure for the R300 (This is not tested for the R320 or R340 and will probably not work)

Quote:
1. Press and hold 'stop' 'maintenance' and 'power' buttons for about 10 seconds, a message will come on the screen saying counter is reset and to turn off.

2. Turn your printer off and then back on - job done.

3. When resetting the counters you should really replace the waste ink pad but can get away with removing the pad then washing it out and allowing it to dry before putting it back into the printer.

Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Page 1 of 1